[3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:50:51 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NTx
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  173
   40:  804
   20:  450
   15:   33
   10:
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

I had the worst first hour ( 86 Qs ) in the past 20+ years. I started on 20 but
moved to 40 with few takers 15 minutes after the start. I battled back in
subsequent hours, but obviously conditions were against me from the beginning.
All the bands were very long. When I found VO1HP and VE1OP 10 over S9 on 80, I
knew it was going to be a rough weekend. I had good rate on 40 after 0000Z but
not enough to keep up with the likes of N2IC, K5TR, N0NI, K5GO etc.

Nevertheless, it's always a pleasure to go to WX0B for SS. My wife comes along
every year and enjoys spending the weekend with Jay jamming. They are both
accomplished musicians, as well as Bob W5OV, who joins in the traditional
jamfest on Friday night.

Jay and Sharon are superb hosts and treat Melanie and myself like family. Both
of us are most appreciative of their efforts to make us feel at home in their
home.

Thanks to all for the Qs and congrats to all who beat me. As K5NA said, you
know who you are :-)