[3830] SS CW K8MR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8MR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:56:11 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   52
   40:  255
   20:   37
   15:   63
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This is the third of four stops on the K8MR SS tour. Great rates when I first
got on, a 100+ hour. But at home I had my only significant equipment problem: I
was CQing on 20 without much success, when I noticed the amp (PA-76) was not
keying. It appears to be an intermittent relay in the on time delay circuit. I
did more S&P on the high bands, and used the old TS-830S/DX-2000L on 40 to keep
up some semblance of rate.

15 meters was quite decent. Before the amp quit, I heard not only some west
coast stuff, but also WC1M who was quite loud. So I found a nearby clear
frequency and started CQing, with a reasonable response from not only the left
coast, but a few from the far right coast as well, including N1LI and VO1HP.

I ended up leaving an hour earlier than planned for the trip to K8AZ, which
gave me the time to drive home and operate the last 20 minutes as quasi-fresh
meat on 80.

73  -  Jim  K8MR