[3830] SS SSB K7BG SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7BG SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:11:36 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 15:48

------------
  160:
   80:  458
   40:  116
   20:  341
   15:  117
   10:
------------

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

I was reminded why they invented CW as I plugged away.
This was the longest I have stayed in the chair in a phone contest I think.
Lots of fun, but the quietness of a cw contest is my preference.
I couldn't believe how hard the sweep was. Of course, after finding the spot
for ND for my last one, I moved down the band and called CQ and another one
answered. That ALWAYS happens, doesn't it?
It was fun working the PR station who let each station he worked pick his
check. He gave out a few years when he thought he first got licensed and let us
take our pick. That was a new twist to this old game! Should make for some
interesting log checking. I worked at least two Qs for each mult, but the last
ones sure seemed to come hard, even using the spotting networks!
Since all my antennas are tuned for the low ends of the bands that's where I
tried to operate for reasons of resonance. Had a lot of fun on 80 meters with
most Qs coming from there.