[3830] SS SSB K7ZSD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7ZSD Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:59:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 22:45

------------
  160:
   80:   13
   40:  687
   20:  542
   15:  162
   10:
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was a fun contest, I really enjoyed the great activity, and it kept my
adrenalin going. I missed PR for the sweep as did many others. I heard one on
the low end of 15m Sunday morning but the chaos was too much and running 150
watts was not going to cut the mustard. On 20m I felt like a go cart on the
track during the Indy 500, I kept getting run off the road. I went to 15m
several times to recover in the wide open space but the propagation was spotty
with low rate. The two 40m beams here and a beverage to the east worked great,
I actually felt loud at low power on the band.  I went to 80m a couple of times
and felt like a mouse on a crowded dance floor and headed back to 40m.

The operators again this year were a pleasure to work. The vast majorities are
casual contesters, had low Q numbers, but gave the long report correctly and
with enthusiasm. I think contesting is alive and well. See you all next year.