[3830] OK/OM DX OL1X M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OK/OM DX OL1X M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:16:13 -0800
                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: OL1X
Operator(s): OK1EP,OK1FDR
Station: OL1X

Class: M/S HP
QTH: nr Humpolec
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:  146   120
   80:  396   219
   40:  422   247
   20:  440   238
   15:  126    87
   10:   11    11
-------------------
Total: 1541   922  Total Score = 2,247,836

Club:

Comments:

RIG: position A - FT1000 mV Field + TL922
     position B - FT1000 mV Field + TL922

ANT: inv Vee for 160m, loop for 80m, 5 el OWA for 20m, 6 el OWA for 15m,
ECO tribander with 40m ext.kit used for 40-20-15-10m, ECO DHF6 for 20-15-10m,
dipol for 40m
K9AY shared loops for 160m/80m

Our first try in this contest as multi-ops and all bands entry, with two ops
for two positions, no more CW operators available ....
Any contest on OL1X is a kind of field day contest or expedition style
operation, everything except the towers and the beams has to be always
assembled prior the contest and then dismantled and packed afterwards,
including the whole hamshack and feeding lines ...
This time we spent a half of day on Friday and then rainy half of day on
Saturday putting everything together ... difficult to stay awake in early
morning when the rates dropped down ... some things went wrong, we lost one BPF
for 80m, rotor for ECO multibander showing some problems in CQ WW SSB has
finally gone and the antenna stayed fixed to some randomly chosen position,
some reported problems with keying on other position ... but finally I'm happy
we tried this, another different experience from OL1X

Thank you to everyone who made a call, and many thanks to OK4PA and OK1MAL for
support, help with setting the station up and for trying to fix what was broken
on-the-fly.
73! Radim, OK1FDR