[3830] ARRLDX CW K1XM(@W1KM) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1xm@underwater.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1XM(@W1KM) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:09:13 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): KT1D, K1EO, W1FJ, W1KM, K1XM, K3NA
Station: W1KM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  440    75
   80: 1196    97
   40: 1552   115
   20: 1836   110
   15:  348    82
   10:   16     8
-------------------
Total: 5388   487  Total Score = 7,871,868

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

That was a fun contest.  It might be even more fun with sunspots.

Stations:

160/10:  Elecraft K3, Acom A2000
80:      Elecraft K3, Acom A2000
40:      Elecraft K3, Ameritron AL-1200
20:      Elecraft K3, Ameritron Al-1500
15:      Elecraft K3, Ten-Tec Titan III

Antennas:

160:     4-square
80:      4-square
40:      4-square, 3-el
20:      4/4/4, XM-520
15:      6/4/4, 4
10:      5/5/4.5

Operators:

160:     W1KM, KT1D, K1EO
80:      K1XM
40:      K3NA, KT1D
20:      W1FJ, K1EO
15:      W1KM
10:      The CQ machine

Between all of the operators we own enough K3s to use them for
all stations.  We like them better than the Orions and so far
they are much more reliable.

And we had no amplifier failures this year.

We had a couple antenna failures, though - the 20 meter stack
went intermittent, the top 15 stopped working sometime on
Saturday, one rotor died, and the bottom 10 meter antenna had
a 1:1 SWR even though about half of the driven element was
missing.  All of this was minor.  We also had precipitation
static and noise Sunday and one of these days we'll locate
the rough oscillator that wanders around the low end of
80 (I suspect a plasma TV somewhere in the area).

The 20 meter stack of three modified 204BAs is not competitive
with other second-tier multi-multi stations.  We're going to
try to replace it this year.

There quite a few multi-multi stations this year.  A few
years ago there wasn't much serious competition among the
second-tier multi-multi stations but that is certainly
changing.  It was fun to watch the live scoreboard and see
how we were doing against K1TTT (it was real close a the
beginning) and then between K1TTT and W2FU (they changed
positions at least six times).

See you all next year!