[3830] CQ160 SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:05:15 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.

Total:  QSOs = 21  State/Prov = 11  Countries = 0  Total Score = 561

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

QRP is quite a challenge on 160m!

I could HEAR all across North America, on the
East coast from New Hampshire to Florida, and
North to South from VE4 down to XE(Mexico).
But, I could only be HEARD by a few good ears
eastward as far as Iowa.

I'd just spent a few hours here and there each night.
I'd scan the band and try calling the louder signals.
Then I'd go back to sleep and try again several hours
later.

My original statement to a friend was
"more than 10 contacts QRP will be a success!"
So I doubled the goal - a double success!

Thanks for listening!
NN7SS (K6UFO, Mork)

Inverted L over metal garage roof.
Yaesu FT-1000MP, turned down to 5 watts.
Writelog software