[3830] Commonwealth G3LET Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth G3LET Open HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 05:10:57 -0700

80                49             37
40                85             62
20                91             62
15                15             15
10                 1              1
Total:           241

Points claimed: 4745

Rig: Orion II
Antennas: 1 - 250ft wire, sloping down to the shack from a sequoia at 150ft
2 - BiggIR vertical, with base at 30 ft
Logging: By hand, with SD to prepare the log file after the event (and check
the score!)

OK, we're still rolling along the bottom of the sunspot switchback, so this was
probably the last opportunity to take advantage of some amazing LF propagation.
With 10 out of action and 15 open for very short periods, I chose the 12 hour
section this year, which probably didn't have that much impact on the overall
score.  Some truly amazing signals from VK and ZL on 80m and 40m were the
highlight, with 40m open to somewhere or other for most of the day.  Special
thanks to Arasu VU2UR for introducing an excellent South India team and to the
organisers of the African, VE, VK, ZL UK and ROW teams, all of which made this
years event one to remember.

Note:  For those making a 12 hour entry and competing for the Ross Carey Rose
Bowl (UK) or VP8GQ Trophy (non-UK), please note that the 12 hours is your
actual operating time, not elapsed time from your start.  Rest periods in
between (but not at the start or end) must be a minimum of 60 minutes and
listed in your soapbox comments.