[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 21:41:55 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - May 22

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   8      8
   40:   8      8
   20:  16     13
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  32     29  Total Score = 928

Club:

Comments:

Well that was fun . . .the experience has probably changed my view of the dupe
rule . . we can probably ditch it.  The only decision will be whether to make a
mid-stream change, or wait till next year.

Very slow start on 20m. . . first Q was a whopping 3 mins into the contest .
.seems like eternity. Then things clicked and made 16 Q's in the next 10 mins.
Never had an issue with a dupe in the whole contest, nor did it seem that the
need to be mindful of knowning the call changed the "flavor" too much.  This
still felt like an athletic sprint. The big benefit was on 80m where every Q
was a new state. Same for 40, but it was an almost hopeless battle for all of
us left-coasters tonight.

Several newcomers tonight. I especially appreciated the pre-contest chat with
N4ZR in WV, a new state for the NS I think.

We also owe the usual tks to Bruce, WA7BNM for making the 3830 form available
on short notice.

73 Bill n6zfo
Contest director NS Ladder.