[3830] WPX CW VE7UF M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE7UF M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:28:51 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VA7ST VE7FO VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: IOTA NA036
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   12
   80:  148
   40:  702
   20: 1451
   15:  362
   10:   51
------------

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

We were glad to have Bud, VA7ST, with us for this contest.  20M was open to EU
during most of the contest and Bud made most of the Qs on 20M.  We had a nice
run of JAs at about daylight on Saturday morning also on 20M, but nil JAs in
the late afternoons on 20M.  With only 3 operators we did 16 hour shifts so
there was some operator stress.  I ordered and paid for 3 guy ring bearings
from K0XG for the new 150 foot rohn 45 tower here about 6 weeks ago and still
haven't received them or any reply to my many emails about them so the tower is
still on the ground.  The station's best antennas are on a single 150 foot
rotatable tower now so we are at a disadvantage when 20M is open to a different
direction than 40M, which is often.  I added a complete third station which was
most usefull as a spare when we lost the station 1 amplifier half way through
the contest.  Otherwise we are happy with the results.  We broke the station
2001 WPX CW Q record and score record.  We had a good time and we want to thank
all that called.

73, Duane VE7UF