[3830] WPX CW NK7U M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nk7u@nk7u.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NK7U M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:39:10 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, W2VJN, N6LF, W7CT
Station: NK7U

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OREGON
Operating Time (hrs): 34

------------
  160:    1
   80:   63
   40:  565
   20: 1715
   15:  508
   10:   19
------------

Club: SNAKE RIVER CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

This weekend was a combination contesting, research effort. Rudy N6LF, George
W2VJN, and myself spent a good part of Friday and Saturday moving Rudy's test
equipment and various loops and wires from tower to tower as he gathered all
the information he could on possible interaction between all the towers and
also my 80m 4 square. Anxious to see the results of all the tests as this is
the smallest parcel I've had a station on (5 acres). Hoping they'll come back
this fall after the rest of the antennas are up and the new 80m 4 square is
finished. We know there are problems between the 4 square and a couple of the
towers, just have to determine how much and what to do about it. Was also
surprised to see the level of interaction between the 160m wire 4 square and
the LM470 crankup, going to have to crank it down during 160m contests. Really
appreciate Rudy and George's efforts to help me solve these issues.

 The contest was a lot of fun, especially when 20m was so great. Was pleasantly
surprised to make as many Q's as we did on 15m and even a few on 10m, been
awhile for both bands here in Oregon. Unfortunately, we missed about 4 hours
the first night due to lightning storms passing through just a couple of hours
into the contest. We had them all around us all weekend, which made 40m & 80m
very difficult to copy reports. Jim W7CT got the iron butt award for the
weekend as he kept the station going as long as the weather co-operated, while
we worked outside. Thanks to everyone for all the Q's and appreciate your
patience with all the requests for repeats. This was probably one of our worst
contests due to all the thunder storms.

73 Joe NK7U