[3830] NCCC Sprint K9MMS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K9MMS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:52:42 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 12

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:   5      4
   40:  26     17
   20:  14      8
-------------------
Total:  45     29  Total Score = 1,305

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It was good to finally get back into the NSL.  I missed the NS a few times in
recent weeks.  I was in New England on vacation last week.  No radio until I
was at W1AW this past Monday AM.  It was fun to work a few of you from there on
20 CW.  Thanks for those Qs.

Still SO1R.  Op times:  first 9 minutes on 20, next 15 minutes on 40, and the
last 6 minutes on 80.  Twenty and forty meters were in great shape, and the
rates were going well.  I delayed band changes almost too long.  I did not go
to 80 until about 0253Z, and I could not get any rate going on 80.  I was
missing most jump balls, and not getting replies to most CQs.  At about 0257, I
discovered that I was using the 40-2CD instead of the 80 meter inverted V.  I
had switched in the tuner for 80 but not the antenna -- What an idiot -- a
costly mistake!  I guess that was a major SENIOR MOMENT.  I guess I need to add
automatic band / antenna switching since my mind must be going!  I had 26 Qs in
the first 15 minutes and should have easily made 50 plus and over 30 mults.

I stumbled and asked for at least 2 repeats when ZF2DO called me.  I was not
expecting that and had another senior / deer-in-the-headlights moment.  I also
fat-fingered a few calls when logging -- sorry for those delays.  I sure hope I
have the cobwebs cleared out of my head before next Thursday.

Thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
   Gary