[3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0dxc@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:21:11 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - June 19

Call: K0DXC
Operator(s): K0DXC
Station: K0DXC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Jackson, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:  19     12
   40:  15     10
   20:  10      5
-------------------
Total:  44     27  Total Score = 1,188

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

RIG: IC-756PROIII
Antenna: 80 M 1/2 wave dipole @ 40 feet
Software: Win-Test

Listen to tonight's NSL @ K0DXC -
http://k0dxc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/nsl-6192009.mp3

Earlier today I went the the hardware store and picked up a new mast and a few
other nuts / bolts to replace one of the supports for my dipole. The mast I
already had up literally bent in half because of tension from the dipole. I put
the new mast in and back guyed it hopefully I don't have the same problem
again.

The bands were in bad shape. Earlier this week I found out then the switching
power supply in my computer generates 5 s units of noise on 20 meters!

!!!

Fortunately, my DX-B sloper does not seem to pick up any of the this noise. I
had to manually switch antennas between the dipole and DX-B so I could hear the
stations calling me.

I still don't think I'm loud on 20. I had way to many un-answered CQs and I
lost way to many jump balls. Nothing I can do about that until a beam goes up.

40 meters wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Before I lost the dipole I
would do well with it on 40. I guess this was just a bad week for me.

80 meters wasn't at its best, but it seemed to be better than the rest of the
bands. Lots of QSB, but there were also a lot of strong signals present.

It's nice posting another score over 1,000. Last week I actually quit the NS
halfway through -- yes, it was THAT bad.

People need to listen BEFORE they transmit! I lost a few qsos (and MULTS) to
weak 7 stations because others transmitted on top of them. Please also make
sure you take the time to identify whether or not the station you are about to
call is actually inheriting the frequency or turning it over to someone else.
It's annoying to have other pile up on the station sending me his exchange.

I see the newcomer division now has a few people fiercely competing for the
top... I think it's to late for me to get back into it but GL to everyone
else!

CU all next week.

73,
Cal, K0DXC