[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 05:37:34 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 17

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:   7      6
   40:  15     10
   20:  24     11
-------------------
Total:  46     27  Total Score = 1,242

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, TH6DXX fixed North, 88' CF zepp, dipole, inverted vee.  Prior to the
NS period, the bands seemed pretty good.  During SNS, signals were strong on 20
and 40 and the skip zone seemed short, while west coast and Pacific NW signals
were good on both bands.  80M was very noisy, but signals were OK.  The first
13 minutes of the contest went well on 20M.  Missed a few mults that I heard
active including all in the SE area.  But, 40 and 80 were terrible.  QRN from
local area thunderstorms had built up and signal strengths had dropped.  It was
a struggle for 11 mins on 40.  The final six minutes on 80 were difficult, but
worth it for the mults.  Thanks for the QSOs.  Please look for me and Jeff,
KU8E, in the CQ WW VHF Contest this weekend in several grid squares as W4AN/R.
CU all next week.  73, John, K4BAI.