[3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0dxc@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K0DXC LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 20:19:43 -0700

80:  4 MINUTES
___________________
TOTAL = 30 MINUTES

K0DXC top 10 QSO rates:
20 - 218 / hour (for 10 QSOs)
40 - 158 / hour (for 10 QSOs)
80 - 169 / hour (for 10 QSOs)
______________________________
Total rate: NSL 8/7/09 - 124 / hour (for 30 minutes)

Thanks to the NCCC for putting on such a great show this season. I really had a
lot of fun being part of this year's ladder and I look forward to doing it again
next year!

Conditions were bad this week. 20 and 40 were l--o--n--g. The last few weeks I
was hearing IL/IA/WI/IN/PA/NY 599 LOUD - this week they were weak with a little
flutter. Hard to work the close in mults on 20 tonight, but I made up for it by
bagging most of the stuff out west.

40 was PACKED. Guys, we need to spread out! That's what the problem is - NOT
because we allow dupes. I was hearing everybody in between 7039.5 to 7042.
That's not enough spectrum for 50+ NSL participants! Just for fun, I opened up
the PRO3's filter to 1.2KC CW so I could hear *everything* and then I just used
my "mental skimmer" to tune things in and work them. It was a nice thing to know
who was where and then I just picked who to work! This helped my mult total.
Last week I made 70 Q's for 33 mults, this week only 62 Q's but 36 mults. If
conditions were better I am sure I could have gotten the rate way up there like
last week.

80 wasn't bad,. It was jam packed but there wasn't much noise. It was nice and
quiet. I thought about opening up the filter again but there just wasn't enough
time left.

Congrats to to the divisional winners. I gave it a good run these last 3 weeks
but I needed at least one more to clinch 1st place in the Newcomer division. FB
job, N0KK! It was great fun competing with you guys.

CU in NAQP SSB coming up. School starts in 2 weeks for me so that will put a
big strain on how much I operate NS.

It has been fun! I am sad to see it come to an end.... For now!

73,
Cal (KID), K0DXC
http://k0dxc.com