[3830] NAQP SSB W1RH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1rh@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1RH Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 08:07:54 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W1RH
Operator(s): W1RH
Station: W1RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:   11     3
   80:   51     8
   40:  102    34
   20:  375    49
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  541    96  Total Score = 51,936

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #1

Comments:

The noise on 40 was as bad as I have ever heard it.  Had to use the beverage on
40, which I rarely do.

20 meters, in the summer, is always noisy here.  Had to use the low tribander
for receive.  Don't think that hurts me until a European tries to call me and I
spend valuable time trying to get the call sign.  Then I figure out he is a
Euro, switch the antenna over and he's S-9...

Bought a car over the phone in the middle of prime 20 meter time.  I had hoped
to get this done on Friday.  My wife, however, volunteered to go to the
dealership and do the paperwork and trade-in stuff.

Need to do more work on receiving antennas.  Seems no one has problems hearing
me on 40/80/160 but I can't here them.