[3830] NCCC Sprint K3STX LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K3STX LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:16:30 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - August 27

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:  12      9
   20:   7      6
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  19     15  Total Score = 285

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, I did it!!! If you were unfortunate enough to work me tonight what you
were hearing was ONE BAD FIST from a guy who has not used a straight key since
he was 15 years old! And that was 30+ years ago! In fact, it was the SAME
straight key (plastic Radio Shack bakelite) that I was using back then in 1978,
the only one I have ever owned.

That was REALLY tough on me too. Very difficult to write and then go
immediately to sending. DanWa says he does it that way, how the hell can you do
that at 50 wpm, it is hard enough at 15!!

I thought we were ALL going to do this tonight, I think I was the only one who
had the REALLY bad fist. Where the hell were the rest of you!? I thought MMS
was going to use his bug; if that was a bug I'll eat my hat.

Maybe next week we can all drag out our bugs. Now THAT would be something!!!

73 guys, that was the most fun I have had in the NS in a while.

paul