[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:16:32 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - August 27

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:  11      9
   40:  12     11
   20:   1      1
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  24     21  Total Score = 504

Club:

Comments:

Tonight, I experimented with a new antenna (a low dipole, hastily strung between
dinner and heading back to work this evening); it simply didn't work out. I have
never called so many unanswered CQs in an NS event as I did in this one.  It
seems there will be no free pass on the major antenna project.

I had no ears on 20M, and I can't imagine my TX was much better, so kudos to
K9MMS for pulling me through for my only contact on that band.  On 40M, I lost
no fewer than four jump balls to K9BGL; it was almost as if we were tuning the
VFO in unison for about 10 minutes! Karl was good enough to give me a QSO
though.  80M--the band where I made no antenna changes tonight--turned out to
be my most productive, with the final 10 minutes nearly equaling my totals from
the first 20.

I think I can attribute this score to the antenna (which can't come down
quickly enough), but there's no doubt the op and the antenna farm need
improvement.

Given the weak signal tonight, truly, thanks to all who pulled me out of the
mud!

73,

Joe
WI2E