[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:29:59 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - August 27

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      8
   40:  27     19
   20:  12      7
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  47     34  Total Score = 1,598

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The wife and I got home one hour before the NS started, after fifteen days on
the road to visit friends and family and see five National Parks (Lassen,
Crater, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Rocky Mountain). Wow. What an
experience!
The break from the grinding heat in Austin was wonderful.

There were two inches in the rain gauge when we got back, so that's a pleasant
surprise. So far this summer Austin has had sixty-seven days of 100 or higher,
only two days from the record in 1925. Unfortunately, we probably will break
that long standing record later this summer.

Twenty meters was going out tonight, with some weak stations to the east
(K4BAI, W1UE) but the west coast was loud. 40 was its usual FB self, and 80 was
good as well. Nice to have the no-dupe rule.

My computer seized up in the middle of the half hour and I had to reboot it.
Lost a contact with someone, sorry. Spent three minutes getting going again and
seemed unable to get back in a nice rhythm after that. But it is good to get
home again, and get back to the usual routine.

Tnx to all for the contacts and the great activity. No three banders, but two
banders with K9BGL, K7BG, N9CK, WD0T, K0EJ, and my bud KZ5D.

Jim N3BB