[3830] CoQP AD1C SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CoQP AD1C SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 10:08:29 -0700
                    Colorado QSO Party

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: ADA
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

  160:
   80:    4
   40:   97     12
   20:   82     42
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  183     54      0  CW Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 29  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 63,840

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:     ICOM 756 Pro III (100W)
Antenna:   half-G5RV in attic
Software:  WriteLog 10.73d

I walked away from this contest very disappointed with my results. I realized I
have too much local QRN, and I was told by a 9-land station (via E-mail) that
people were calling me on 20 that I couldn't hear (that's a shock, considering
my setup, and 20 is my least noisy band).  Still, it was fun to get on, even
though I was pretty tired during the first half.

It was nice to have LW3DX and CU2JT both call in on 20 CW.

I avoided RTTY due to the Russian DX Contest, but probably spent 1/2 hour CQing
on 20m PSK-31 with nary a bite.

I heard lots of loud "locals" on 80 meters Saturday night, but I couldn't get
any power to the antenna; the remote tuner wouldn't match, and I had a
near-infinite VSWR in the shack.  Still, four of them managed to hear me.  I
was surprised I never heard Weld or Denver counties, since they are so close.
W0QE called me from Broomfield, very weak.

The WriteLog scoring for this contest was a little funny.  CW and SSB mults are
swapped on the summary sheet.  In addition, the numbering in the ML column (and
Mul column in the score summary) is by band, not by mode, so the multiplier
numbers are kind of misleading.

Thanks to everyone who got on for the contest.

73 - Jim AD1C