[3830] NCCC Sprint N1LN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N1LN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:10:42 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - September 12

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:  13     10
   40:  21     12
   20:   4      4
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  38     26  Total Score = 988

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The bands were certainly not in the best shape tonight.   I did start on 20 to
see if I could get a few quick west coast Qs and mults and it did pay off, but
only 4 Qs and 4 Mults.  Then after 2 minutes it was off to 40 meters.  It was
fair but, again tonight, the couplets were hard to come by.  The S9 QRN did not
help much either.  As for 80, well a different antenna is coming soon.  My 60'
apex inverted V is on the way out and will be replaced for a 100' flat top
dipole.  It won't be as easy to change the resonance from CW to SSB, but it
should work better for domestic contests.

Hope to work you in the SSB Sprint this weekend.

73,
Bruce