[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:11:24 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - September 25

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:  16      9
   40:  13     10
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  29     19  Total Score = 551

Club:

Comments:

This was my first try with the new quarter wavelength inverted-L for 80M.  I
felt louder, but I honestly can't tell if that's just because there was more
activity for a longer period of time on 80M tonight or if my signal was
improved.  One way or the other, this is my highest QSO total on that band.
Nothing heard on 20M and 40M seemed a bit long: CA was loud here at the start,
but even CA became watery toward the end.  My computer acted up a bit: seems I
left my RTTY program going in the background and that was more than the
processor could handle, so my apologies to those I met with QLF. There's a
chance I'll have my three element parasitic array going this time next week.
This is more a DX contest antenna than a domestic one, but it should improve my
situation on 40M.  The elements are up, but I'm waiting on some high voltage
relays.  Slowly, but surely, things are coming together here.  Thanks to
everyone for the QSOs tonight!

Rigs: K3, TS-940S
Antennas: 43 ft vertical (40M), inverted-L (80M), two phased AV-14AVQs for 20M
& 40M.

73,

Joe
WI2E