[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4PK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4PK SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:12:23 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 29.2
Radios: SO2R

   80:  138   250       31      29    11
   40:  461   917       48      62    18
   20:  681  1838       39      74    22
   15:  100   272        7      36    17
   10:    0     0        0       0     0
Total: 1380  3277      125     201    68  Total Score = 1,291,138

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had a ball, a personal best score for this contest.  Last year I managed 1155
Q's in 29 hrs 43 mins, and this year I got 1380 Q's in 29 hrs 12 minutes.

Last year I ran in the assisted catagory, but this year as an experiment I left
the packet off to run unassisted.  Given my results, I probably will forego
packet usage in future contests.  Also, I used Writelog last year and N1MM
Logger this year.  Maybe that had something to do with my results too.

I run SO2R but I am not all that comfortable running with one radio while
S&Ping with the other.  Invariably, if things are going slow on the run radio
and I call a station on the S&P radio, then I will have at least a couple of
stations call me on the run radio.  Plus, I find that if I leave the run radio
off for something longer than about 3.5 seconds someone will invariably steal
my run frequency.

I do find SO2R to be very effective for dual S&Ping, even on the same band.  I
spent about 60% of my time S&Ping and 40% running.

73, Sam W4PK