[3830] CQWW SSB KK7PR(@K7ZS) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KK7PR(@K7ZS) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:45:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KK7PR
Operator(s): AD7XZ,K7NAA,N7VS,KE7AUB,K7ZS
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:   11     4        3
   80:   17     7        6
   40:   41    16       22
   20:  255    29       81
   15:  187    23       43
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I started the Portland Radio Contester Club, a sub-group of the Willamette
Valley DX Club, to provide contesting exposure to Portland area hams, and make
my station available to them during selected contests.  We keep it casual and
fun, without undue pressure for maximum performance, which will come naturally
with experience!  Many thanks to Joe AD7XZ, Bob WA6NFJ (for the pix of the
event), Steve N7VS, Andy KE7AUB and newcomer Jennifer, K7NAA.  Everyone did a
fine job, and I think everyone learned a trick or two this weekend! We ran the
IC756 ProII into the Alpha 87a this weekend, mult radio was my trusty
TS-940SAT.  A modest 2 tower antenna setup here: 4 Element SteppIR, TH6DXX
tribander, a Force 12 EF240 40 meter beam and a W6NL inspired 40 meter Moxon
(built by Brad K7ZSD).  Slopers for 80 and a 160m Inverted L complete the
setup.  GREAT to see the 15 meter band return, and too bad the low bands were
tougher than usual.  We had fun, the crew loved running smoke all weekend,
thanks for all the Q's around the world.

Vy 73 Kevin K7ZS for the PDXRCC.