[3830] CQWW SSB PY2SEX SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB PY2SEX SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:02:47 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PY2SEX
Operator(s): PY2SEX
Station: PY2SEX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Campinas
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    1     1        1
   40:  140    30       82
   20:  131    23       36
   15:  120    29       72
   10:  112    20       46
------------------------------
Total:  506   103      239  Total Score = 460,674

Club: Rio DX Club

Comments:

Well, Watta unbelievable contest With Murphy visit and he stayed for the Dinner
and Breakfast!! I choose to do All Band just to have fun and try to get more
than 1000 Qs and 30 Zones/band and 100 countries/Band. I decided start as S&P
as Low power, because my neighbors. I could heard something interesting on 15m
as 9M8, 3W1, FO8 and I though to keep S&P during night and at morning would try
some Europeans. Well 20m at morning Nobody could Hear me, big sigs here but no
copy there, the same for 15m, I tried some 10m but was weak at morning, then I
gone out and when backed, I took a little nap.

Back 14:00 UTC and the same thing, nobody could hear me, so I decided change my
category to HP.

Tunned my Linear on 15m and POW!!! My antenna stopped to work, exactly 15:00z.
I climbed my tower and see the Balun opened, but I didn't have any Security
Itens to be on top, then I called a friend for help, but no luck, I tunned my
40M antenna on 15 and 10m, then I totaly lost 20m. The incredible thing was
Contact SU1KM, JD1BMM, VR2C, VR2009AEG on 10m using my 40m ant. as well as a
lot of stations on 15m. If you contacted me between 15:00z 11/24 and 20:00z
11/25 on 10m and 15m, I was using my 40m ant. Well, like the contest became
just fun for me, I tried my Linear on 40m and even with my 600w on 40m no luck
to work BD6IDQ with 59+40, incredible!! afterwards I took a little nap, no more
competition just fun. Backed with my 40m ant on 10 and 15 while I still waiting
for help. My 40m ant. is the best multi-band antenna ever. hihih. But I keeping
yelling on 10m and 15m this is not so good, because of this I still prefer CW.
My Friend PY2BRZ shown up in my home with some Security Itens and I climbed the
tower again and removed Balun. The connector was Burned and The positive wire
completely disconnected. I got very surprised. The connector couldn't support
the power and of course wasn't only this time to burned it out. I have used on
20m to catch some DXPeditions. Well
Gerson - PY2BRZ had a spare connector, so We start the repair to be on the air
on 20m again even without time to recover. Balun repaired, Climbing again,
fixing in the antenna and tested. SWR ok on all band, let's start over. Not so
fast!! My neighbors knocked my door and complaining about TVI. Man, Why Murphy
don't leave me alone!!!! I talked to him and asked PY2BRZ to go there and check
it, I got a lot of Ferrites Cores and put all over the place, then TVI gone, but
no more than 100w could be used. Well this was around 22:00Z, then I start to
look for some mults and choose a freq to call, no luck to had choosen 14300.
This is a Emergency freq and some guys complaining about it. Sorry.. I didn't
know that. Hard to find another hole on 20m, but I found it and started some
CQs almost at end of contest. I got a good pile-up of NA until the end. Results
wasn't what I expected, I mean before the issues, but was very very fun!!! 10m
did let me excited again, I love that band!

Thanks to all in my LOG, and the guys that loved my call, some times I got some
jokes on the air and this is the HAM Spirit. I liked that. Thanks to PY2BRZ for
come over and help me out in my antenna issue.

My log already uploaded to LoTW! See you guys in CQWW CW.

My condolences to C6APR Team, this was a shock for me before the contest, I
never felt so bad with a bad news in the Ham world like this one. R.I.P

73

Alex

PY2SEX
CTC #1.616