[3830] SS CW N4VI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cadamsins@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4VI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 21:51:39 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4VI
Operator(s): N4VI
Station: N4VI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:
   80:  186
   40:  272
   20:   88
   15:   15
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Wasn't planning to work as many hours as I did.  Knew Sunday operation would be
sporadic so tried to get as many mults as possible on Saturday.  Managed to
work all US sections accept for Nebraska.  Heard K0NE (I think) doing S&P
Saturday evening on 80m and I think I heard him Sunday morning but never could
attract his attention.  I must say that working three WY stations qualify as a
highlight.

The other highlight was working K4PJ.  That brought back memories of being over
at Mel's apartment where he tutored me on the timing of dropping the call in a
DX pileup (of course it didn't hurt that everyone knew his call!).  At the
proper time, he'd pat me on the back and I'd dutifully say K4 Papa John (I
think those were the phonetics we used).  It was a thrill to operate his
Collins Station with a linear and beam as a high schooler, especially since the
home station consisted of a trap dipole (or "longwire" with a tuner) and a HW101
(well the dipoles haven't changed.).

Back to the SS....  conditions seemed great, but it did seem like a contest
that more power == more fun.  Stayed up past 2am on Sunday morning trying to
attract the NE mult and fill in some of the easier ones that were still open.

Didn't have a lot of time during the daylight hours to hammer 20 and 15 and cut
the contest short to take the older daughter back to college at Fort Collins.

OK, too much information.  Had a better time than expected.

73,

Chris, n4vi