[3830] SS CW VE1OP SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE1OP SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:35:24 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE1OP
Operator(s): VE1OP
Station: VE1OP

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: NS (MAR)
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

------------
  160:
   80:   48
   40:  130
   20:  599
   15:    9
   10:
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

SO1R, Mark V, 145 watts, TriBander and wires, N1MM, Packet ON...Blew up my amp
in Ukraine DX contest Sat morning, so was barefoot for SS...

Everything seemed to go right in this one...Looking back, I wish I had spent
more time in the chair, but 12.5 hours was my interest-level this weekend...

Bagged VO1MP at 1136z on 80 and VE8EV at 1505 on 20 Sunday, so knew the sweep
was within reach...VE6AO was my last mult at 1615...The sweep seemed much
easier this year compared to most...

Most worked sections:

MDC - 43
VA - 42
IL - 41
MN - 34

Rarest - ME, QC, NT and NL, each with only one station worked...4 MAR stations
worked (VY2SS, VE1RGB, VE9DX and VA1CHP)...Seemed to be a lack of VE stations
on, I think there was only one MB on and maybe 2 NL when I was active...

Best clock hour - 97...Best hour-over-hour - 106 between 1614 and
1714...Averaged 63 per hour, so I'm happy with productivity using LP for the
time I was on...Condx on 20 were very good so spent most of my time there...Had
a few frequency battles with guys trying to get too close, but that's life with
LP...

Interesting again this year to be running along smoothly at 1 or 2 per minute,
see myself spotted, all hell break loose and many of the stations in the pileup
giving out A, B and Q...Come on guys, it's obvious..!!...If ya have the cluster
on, you are U..!!...Happens every year...

C U in WAE RTTY and WW CW...

73, Scott VE1OP