[3830] SS CW N9CO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N9CO@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N9CO Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 03:34:24 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N9CO
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: N9CO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    1
   80:  327
   40:  416
   20:  165
   15:   17
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

FT-1000MP.  Tilted Delta Loop on 80m; 2el yagi (CC XM240) on 40m @ 95'; 4el yagi
(homebrew) on 20m @ 85'; KT-34A tribander fixed east @ 37'.  TR-Log.

Hadn't been very active lately.  Busy with work, family, etc.  Basically sat
down at the rig 30 minutes before kickoff with no plan, no strategy, no
preparation.  It was actually refreshing not to have been stressing about SS
for days and weeks ahead of time.

Bad thing is that I didn't have enough left in the tank to stay in the chair
all night.  Got a good night's sleep (about 8 hours) and for once, felt normal
and functional on Sunday.  The "doldrums" on Sunday afternoon weren't as bad,
and when they occurred, I went outside to enjoy some yard work on a sunny 70
degree day.

Lots of fun, as always, and by far my favorite contest.  As noted by others,
the bands were in great shape.  I can't recall the last time that I heard 80m
so quiet.

73 es tnx for all the qso's.

Charlie  N9CO