[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:00:09 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - November 13

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   6      5
   80:  12      9
   40:   4      3
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  22     17  Total Score = 374

Club:

Comments:

Back after about a month's hiatus due to an unusually heavy period of
work-related travel.  My computer acted up from time to time tonight (all was
fine during the SNS), so I'll have to look into what happened.  The highlight
this evening was back-to-back SO2R QSOs with W4NZ on 40 & then 80.
Participation appeared to be down, local noise way up, and 40M long tonight.
The noise at my QTH seems worse than I remember it being this time last year. I
installed a DX Engineering active receive system late last week, and I can't
believe how well it uncovers signals shrouded in noise from 80M-17M.
Unfortunately, I haven't quite figured out how not to blow it out while
operating SO2R given the system's close proximity to my transmitting antennas
in my suburban yard, so I didn't use it in this event.  All in all, a good time
tonight--even if a half hour of furious work produced only 22 QSOs!  I'm off to
Amsterdam for a week on Saturday, so I'll miss the next one, but then I'm back
for a few months.  Thanks to all for the QSOs.

Rigs: K3, TS-940S
Antennas: 43 ft. vertical / quarter wavelength inverted L on 80M (tuned for
160m); two phased multi-band verticals (40M & 20M).

73,

Joe
WI2E