[3830] CQWW CW W7VV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, snr.huntley@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7VV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:22:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7VV
Operator(s): N9ADG, K7LAZ, K7BTW, VE7XF, W7VV
Station: W7VV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Seattle, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   29    16       22
   80:   69    25       55
   40:  645    37      108
   20:  402    33      108
   15:  144    26       63
   10:   29    11       17
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This year the VP5W crew N9ADG, K7bTW, K7LAZ, VE7XF and W7VV, decided to stay
home and do the contest as a M/S operation from N9ADGâ??s quiet mountain top
QTH just east of Seattle.

A special call sign K7W was obtained to celebrate the occasion but
unfortunately, while it sounded like a wonderful idea at the time, it was a big
mistake.  The stateside stations kept calling us thinking we were a DX station,
probably somewhere out in the Pacific, and the DX stations kept wanting to add
a letter to our prefix or suffix.  After two hours of frustration we decided to
start all over again with the call of W7VV.  The K7W log will however be
submitted as a check log.

Conditions seemed to vary quite a bit with a slow start on Friday evening to a
very enjoyable day on Sunday with some nice runs into Europe and the ever
running JA QSO's.  Brianâ??s big SteppIR really played nicely on 40 which made
a difference.  Antenna problems on another tower and an Alpha failing did have
an impact but a good time was had by all.

On a personal note one thing I notice however was that this really brought me
back to the â??Real PNW worldâ?? after doing the contest from VP5 for the past
6 years.  There is no comparison between the propagation and pile-ups down
there compared to  here, and for some reason, the Pina Coladaâ??s seem to taste
much better thereâ?¦.

Our entire team wants to thank Brian and his family for allowing us take over
their home and also thanks to all the stations that stuck in there trying to
figure out the K7W call.