[3830] CQWW CW WA8HSB SOSB/40 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA8HSB SOSB/40 QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 22:45:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WA8HSB
Operator(s): WA8HSB
Station: WA8HSB

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  22     8        12
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  22     8        12  Total Score = 1,020

Club:

Comments:

Due to family commitments, only had a few hours Friday and Saturday nights to
operate so I thought I'd use my ATS3 (designed by Steve KD1JV) and focus on
40M.  In normal receive mode, the ATS3 worked great - the narrow filter allowed
operation next to strong stations.  Heard many more stations than could hear me.
 Longest DX was OL3.  Heard several JA's early Saturday morning but couldn't
make it to them.

Thanks to all the great operators who took the time to "hear" us weaker guys!

Tnx & 73/72, John

Rig: ATS3 - 4 watts (8 AA batteries)
Ant: Vertical with T1 ATU