[3830] 9A CW N8II SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] 9A CW N8II SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 05:15:05 -0800
                    Croatian CW Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    4     4
   80:   30    15
   40:  143    36
   20:  240    44
   15:   11     6
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  428   105  Total Score = 188,895

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We had a major snow storm Saturday with 16 inches = 40 cm snow and I had a major
clean up Sunday. I operated the test until the end at 0900 local and paid the
price for it with the sun liquifying the mess even though the temp was near -1
C; my snow blower kept clogging after about 2/3 of the removal. Saturday I was
distracted by the snow, RAC test, and Xmas decorating. Next year, I hope to
operate a lot more.
  Most all of the 20M Q's were Sunday morning with cluster generated pile-ups
at times; I may enter 20M single band. 15M wasn't even checked Saturday, but
Sunday was surprisingly poor considering a solar flux above 80; all of the EU
Q's were 9A's except one E7. The Bosnians turned out in very good numbers,
almost as many as 9A's, Hi! I couldn't run well on 40 until about 2130Z only 20
minutes before sunset; many of the EU sigs were weak in the noise. The run
lasted until about 23Z. I had local QRN problems on 80 and condx were poor, and
they were even poorer on 160 with only 9A1CCY being worked from EU. 40 stayed
open to sountern EU thru my evening.
Activity was good especially considering the Xmas season; I ran out of CQ
answers on 20 the last 90 seconds of the test. Many thanks for the Q's! By late
next year, we should be seeing some EU to NA 10M contest Q's; don't forget to
check all bands.