[3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WI2E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:15:17 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - January 15

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:  15     11
   40:   9      9
   20:   1      1
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  25     21  Total Score = 525

Club:

Comments:

Lost my 160M antenna earlier this week to the weather, and I'll have to wait
until the weekend to fix it.  Nice to work Joe, N8EA, on 20M; it's been a long
time since I've had an NS/NSL QSO on 20.

This summary pretty well captures my night:

160M  QSOS  =   0 in  0 minutes
 80M  QSOS  =  15 in  20 minutes
 40M  QSOS  =   9 in  8 minutes
 20M  QSOS  =   1 in  2 minutes

I had a quick start (for me), but things really slowed down in the second half
of the event. Clearly, not having 160M wasn't helping the cause. I'm also not
sure if I'd be better off foregoing the second radio for at least part of the
sprint so that I can use my RX array (the second antenna always ends up being
too close to the active RX antennas in my yard). Next week, I'll probably run
SO2R for the first 10-15 minutes, and then go SO1R + RX array for the rest of
the way.

Thanks for the QSOs!

73,

Joe