[3830] MnQP NE9U Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, skjasper@att.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP NE9U Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:46:55 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     281
   40:     578
   20:     190
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
-------------------------
Total:    1049       0  Mults = 74  Total Score = 154,808

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Well, another fun Mobile QSO party is in the books!

Art (N9BCA) and I were trying to figure out how long weâ??ve been teaming up to
do this.  We are guesstimating about 15 years (and our first year was a SSB only
WQP operation with under 100 Qâ??sâ?¦can you imagine that!!!)

We left my house in Stevens Point around 5:00 am for the trip to LaCrosse where
we started just on the other side of the Mississippi River at 8:00 am.  We ended
up hitting 25 counties and logging about 425 miles which was around 100 miles
short of what we usually do.  We made the mistake of getting off the main road
(and getting lost a few times!).  For about 3 hours we were on some pretty
slippery snowy roads so we didnâ??t make good travel time.  In retrospect, we
should have stayed on the good roads, miss a few southern counties and we would
have made it to the northern counties we missed later in the day (and been
closer to our intended ending point).

Other than that mistake, the only other problem we had all day was during a qso
mid-afternoon with W0BH, my transmitter stopped keying (sorry Bob).  It took a
few minutes to figure it out.  I rebooted the old 486 laptop a few times,
wiggled the LPT cord, beat on the radioâ?¦.it ended up being I accidentally
pushed in the VOX button on the old TS-850 with my mountain Dew bottle.  Hi
After that was fixed we were back to the races.

No antenna problems this year (last year our Hustlers fell off the Jeep!)  In
fact things were going so well that when we finally got to our cabin in
Wisconsin around 9:30 pm, fully expecting to have to eat bar pizza at that hour
of night, the local police officer we ran into at the gas station called up a
local restaurant and convinced them to feed us.  So we had our Steak Dinner
after all (Tradition!)

Congratulations to all the fantastic mobile scores!  How high can they keep
going?!!!!!

Scott  NE9U
Art N9BCA