[3830] NMQP W0BH Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NMQP W0BH Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:48:54 -0800
                    New Mexico QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH K0WHY
Station: W0BH

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

  160:
   80:    3      6
   40:    7     31
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:   10     37        Mults =   Total Score = 2,508

Club:

Comments:

I didn't have much time to play this year, but got on for awhile in the
afternoon to give out the Kansas mult.  Conditions were great on both 40 and
80m.  I remembered working Alan, N5NA/m and Fred, K9GAJ/m last year and found
both of them on again, working Alan 11 times and Fred 6 times.  This year was a
really laid-back QSO party, so it was fun chatting with them a bit.  I also
enjoyed QSOs with a number of other ops who answered my CQs on 40m SSB.  XYL
Lorna even got on to work Laura at NK5W.

Sorry I couldn't be on more.  SuperBowl Sunday is tough competition once the
game actually starts.  Last year, the NMQP was on the same day as the MNQP (as
well as DE, VT, and BC), so it was easy to work both NM and MN stations
although the bands were crowded.  It will be interesting to see what happens
next year after feedback from the participants comes in.

We restarted the Kansas QSO Party last year, so I know how much work goes into
organizing events like this.  Thanks to the Valencia County Amateur Radio
Association for taking on the task this year.  Great web site, too.  Hope we
can all do it again next year!

73, Bob, w0bh

PS Feedback from last year .. Lorna and I both agreed that the salsa was a
great idea!