[3830] ARRLDX CW W3YY SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3yy@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W3YY SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:34:16 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3YY
Operator(s): W3YY
Station: W3YY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:  100    38
   40:  146    67
   20:  100    55
   15:  100    57
   10:   29    14
-------------------
Total:  475   231  Total Score = 329,175

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't have time to put in even a moderate effort, so decided to just experience
each of the bands briefly with our newly found sunspots.  Just tried to work 100
on each band from 80 to 10.  10 didn't cooperate, but I must say I didn't give
it a chance.  I went overboard on 40 and made 146 QSO's, HI.

I thought conditions on 80 Saturday night were great.  Everyone was loud.  Like
working the SS but it was DX.  JA's on 40, 20, and 15 were fun.  OH8X was, to
me, not spectacular.  Isn't this the station with the 80 and 160-meter beams?
Some other Northern latitude stations were very weak, so I think conditions may
have hurt them.  They should have spent the money buying Italy and operating
from there.

Speaking of Italy, why are they still reporting the driver power (500W) to
their final amps, ;)?  (You I guys, I'm just kidding.  Italy is one of my
favorite places.  We love you.  Ciao)

Anyway, a great 9 hours, mostly S&P.  I experienced a high Fun/QSO ratio.  It's
great to see 15 meters back in a big way and solid activity on 10.

I bet there were some huge scores compared with recent years.

73, Bob - W3YY