[3830] ARRLDX CW N9CM SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N9CM SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:32:35 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N9CM
Operator(s): N9CM
Station: N9CM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Riverview, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:   51    31
   80:  134    49
   40:  250    65
   20:  302    65
   15:  286    63
   10:   51    16
-------------------
Total: 1074   289  Total Score = 931,158

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This was the first major contest in which I used the new call I acquired at the
end of 2009.  After 38 years as K4GKD, I am now prowling the bands as N9CM, my
new Contest Moniker.

At this QTH the real contest was between staying focused on the radio and
surviving a persistent head cold acquired after the Orlando Hamcation
experience.  Sleep won out.

In the contest trivia department I managed to have 6 band QSOs with 8P3A, PJ2T
and PJ4X.  There would have been more but 10 meters did not cooperate with most
of the following that were worked on 5 bands:  6Y1LZ, CR6K, DL1IAO, EF8M, GM7R,
IR4M, J38XX, KH6J, KH7B, KP2M, OM7M, V31RR, V31TP and YN2WW.

Rig:  28 year old Kenwood TS-830S and a motley assortment of mostly tree
supported wire antennas.

73,
Dick, N9CM (ex-K4GKD and K9OPF)