[3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 07:03:50 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - July 9

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  27     14
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  27     14  Total Score = 378

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Ugh.  I think this is the worst I have ever done in an NS.  A low dipole just
doesn't cut it on 20.  The only hope I ever have of doing well on 20 is to have
very short skip, but we sure didn't have that this time.  I couldn't win jump
balls so most of my QSO's were generated from my own CQ's.  About one in ten
brought a response.  But I did manage to work Danwa - twice I think.  Normally
I have no chance of getting through his huge pileups and I usually don't even
try.

But I still love the dupes format (as long as it's not 20 Meters only!).  As
Danwa points out, these *are* supposed to be Sprints, aren't they?  How about
80 meters only next week?  We in this part of the country need some revenge on
those guys out west approaching triple figures!  Actually, though, in terms of
QSO's only, I think the Westerners could do quite well on 80 working each
other.  I'd love to see a "no dupes no mults" format occasionally where the
only objective is to work as many stations as you can.  I think that would be
great fun.

Hope to work everyone this weekend.  I expect to be on from home.

73,  Hal