[3830] NCCC Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 20:21:52 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 3

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   0      0
   80:   5      2
   40:  15     13
   20:  15     12
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  35     27  Total Score = 945

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I spent some time getting everything ready,
and heard stations across the country in Slow
NS - so I thought it would be a good night.

20m was loud but slow, I lost lots of pileups
since I think everyone was crowded on 039 to
041. Worked some weak Californians, and nice
to work K1ZR and KU8E (new to me). Managed 15
QSOs 12 Mults in 15 minutes.

40m had noise but the rate was GREAT!  15 QSOs
and 13 Mults in only 10 minutes - WooHoo!

80m had lots of loud locals for 5 by 2 in 4
minutes, and a last half-minute on 160m yielded
nothing when I lost the local pileup.

So even the op working better this week,
and only one QSO under 1,000.

K6UFO Mork CA!

W6YX:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft
80m: inverted vee at 50 ft
160: 40m loaded yagi element plus tuner!
Yaesu FT-1000MP turned down to 5 watts
Writelog