[3830] TnQP W4NZ/M Multi-Op Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nz@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP W4NZ/M Multi-Op Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:13:11 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: W4NZ/M
Operator(s): N5WR, K4VIG, W4NZ
Station: W4NZ/M

Class: Multi-Op Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   149
   40:   880
   20:   174
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  1203    0       0     141  Total Score = 509,069

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

WOW! Where do I start?  For me, I believe this was the most FUN TQP yet. One of
the MANY highlights was the visit by K4BAI and KU8E.  John and Jeff came up
Saturday evening and spent the night in the Chattanooga area.  I met them for
dinner, then Erik N5WR joined us for brunch on Sunday morning. Jeff had planned
a route very similar to ours but after looking at the counties involved he
decided to run their route in reverse order to ours.

Mark K0EJ and Sam N4DRV were not able to make the run this year so I was able
to get Erik N5WR and Gary K4VIG to go with me.  Actually, this was a reunion of
our 2010 Georgia QSO Party-Saturday team.

>From our mobile viewpoint this year's TQP was simply outstanding. We had
absolutely perfect weather, no thunderstorms not even a cloud to be seen which
meant the bands were very quiet.  Even 20m was more productive than in the
past. It's too bad too because we would have liked to put in more time there in
each county but 40m was just too good to ignore. The pileups were incredible,
keeping the rates high for the entire event. Rates for the last 4 hours:
157-147-145-189.

We appreciate all the stations who chased us around the state and thank you for
your patience as we tried to sort out the pileups. We had QSO's on 3 bands with
these stations: AA3B K0RC K5LH K9YC N5AU N9CK NO5W NT2A VE2FK VE3KZ W0BH W1UE
W4NL W4SVO.  Again, W0BH had the most QSO's with 23 -thanks, Bob! He was
followed by NT2A(22), N9CK, WB8JUI, W1NN and W1UE with 20 each, N5AU(19) and
NO5W(15).  A special thanks to our DX friends OK2EC(15), HA1AG(7), OK1KT(5) and
OK2PAY(4).

Kudos to the TCG gang, especially N2WN, K4KO and W9WI who work tirelessly
behind the scenes to make this event a success.

73 from the whole W4NZ/m team.  Hope to see many of you at W4DXCC/SEDCO this
month to swap stories.

Ted W4NZ for Erik N5WR and Gary K4VIG