[3830] PaQP W3USA(@K8MR/M) Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP W3USA(@K8MR/M) Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:24:38 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR, AC8E
Station: K8MR/M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: 22 Counties
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:  314     48
   40:  330     41
   20:   60      5
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:           1
---------------------------------------
Total:  704     96      0         0  Mults = 90  Total Score = 146,460

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

By county, in order of appearance:

      CW  SSB
BUT   43   5
ARM   27   0
INN   49  22
CMB   50   8
SOM   38   7
BED   49   8
FUL   37   8
FRA   27   0
PER   34   5
JUN   37   2
MIF   33   0
SNY   39   9
NUM    4   5
UNI   15   0
CLI   28   4
CEN   24   3
CLE   38   4
JEF   27   2
CLA   18   1
VEN   34   0
MER   36   0

48 Counties   42 Sections

10500 Mobile Bonus    600 K3MJW Bonus Station

My 11th consecutive fall leaf tour and mobile contest operation in the PAQP.
With the early date and warm summmer the leaves were just starting to turn, but
the weather was beautiful so the sightseeing part was a success. We did Saturday
only, and to get us back to Cleveland at a reasonable hour we set a target of
hitting the Ohio line by 0400z. We did that with a minute to spare.

I had hoped to start in ARM, but we left a bit later and was just entering BUT
when the clock turned over. You guys in PA should rest assured that your
government is not wasting tax dollars on county line signs. We missed the ARM
sign, and operated a few extra minutes as BUT until we realized a cross road
was not in BUT. I think we got the rest pretty well, but off the Interstates it
is a challenge!

It was great to finally have a contest with in state propagation on 40 meters
during the day. As a result, the rates were good during the daytime, though I
thought activity, at least on CW, was less than usual after dark. Nobody must
have needed NUM, as I called and called from there with no responses (around
00z).  In the 18 or so minutes we didn't even get the 10 qsos needed for the
mobile bonus.

Great turnout from NHA and way more RI activity than usual. But I only worked
two California sections. Everyone out there burned out after last weekend?  The
good guy award goes to AA3LX who offered me his 40 meter SSB frequency when in
INN, which led to my best SSB run of the contest.  He also offered me his
frequency on 75 later on, but it was too crowded to expect anything good to
come of it, so I declined.

All in all, another very pleasant day.  Until the Michigan QSO Party next
April, so long from the K8MR mobile crew.

73  -  Jim  K8MR