[3830] CQWW SSB VE3CV SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3CV SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:31:28 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Varna
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:  116     8        9
   80:  110    13       21
   40:   61    14       32
   20:  112    22       62
   15:  142    20       68
   10:   38    11       17
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First entry with the DXE 5B hexxbeam, so I didn't stay on 80m. Went Assisted to
S&P new countries and give the antennas a good test. Found I definitely need
something better on 40m as my old R7 vertical outperformed the 80m Zepp V at
50ft.  Also, I have a better appreciation for Amplifiers!  Maybe next year.
Found low band conditions fairly poor because of wind/rain noise.  Working EU
was not as easy as last year on 160/80m. Did some runs on 160 and 80m on Sunday
morning since not much was happening.  Got the rate up to 350/min once some nice
Op spotted me.  Great way to wake up after pulling an all-nighter.  Highlight
was 10m opening to Africa - ZS, 5N, and EA8, but missed ST2AR report to QSB.
And longpath openings to VK, when their sigs were about S1-S2!
Glad the next contest is CW as my throat needs a rest.  DVK WAV files seemed to
have too low audio punch.  Have to work on those.

Thanks for all the Qs and to the OPs that pulled my 100W out of the noise.
73
Jeff, VE3CV

DXE 5 Band Hexxbeam at 40ft.
Cushcraft R7 vertical
80m Zepp and full wave 80m delta loop
Zepp used as 50ft. top-loaded vertical for 160m (11 Q-wave radials, so far)
FT-1000 MP  100W
N1MM logger v. 10.2 worked great.  Thanks to the developer team!