[3830] SS CW K9MU SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K9MU SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 19:37:48 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: K9MU

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:   59
   40:  295
   20:   27
   15:   46
   10:
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I was pretty excited about this one. I had a feeling I would finally get my
first sweep.  I got my G5RV antenna about 15 feet higher than it was and
installed an 80m inverted â??Lâ?? along my roofline. I even put up a 10m
vertical in case it would open. I was strictly search and pounce Saturday
afternoon and evening picking off the mults. By Sunday morning I was only
missing NL, ID, and NE.

I found VO1TA in NL mid-morning on 15m and shortly after worked K0TO on 20m for
ID. I realized my only shot for NE would be on 40m during the day or 80m at
night. I CQâ??ed my guts with my wimpy G5RV with 100w and made a bunch of Qâ??s
but no NE. I later found W0KT on 40m giving out NE very weak. He was spotted and
all hell broke loose. Not a chance I could work him since the band went long. I
tried K0NE on 80m for a long time but no response. I switched to the W0KT spot
on 80m and I called with my inverted L for about 15 mins. Nil! I was getting
frustrated!  I then switched to my G5RV and called with the SWR adjusted 25w
and worked him first call! Duh! Finally my first sweep! Iâ??m looking forward
to drinking coffee from my 2010 sweepstakes mug during the next â??dit dit dit
â?" dit dit ditâ?? contest! Thanks for all the MWA land QSOâ??s!

73,

Justin, K9MU

Ants:
G5RV inverted V @ 30 feet