[3830] SS CW N4UU Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4UU Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 06:43:14 -0800

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

80m - Ladder Line Inverted Vee @ 85'
40m - 2x Phased Verticals
20m - TH5/TH5 @ 98'/48'
15m - 2-ele triband quad @ 40'

2x TenTec Orion2's
TL922a, Amp Supply LK550, SB200

Many thanks to N4UU for hosting a small multi-op crew this weekend. Even after
log checking I think we have sewn up the NFL multi-op record held since 1995 by
N4EEB.

I think there was more hay to be made on 40m with a better antenna for
stateside. Martin's verticals can be fed so that they favor EU, JA, or SA.
Unfortunately, no phasing arrangement favored Cleveland. Martin just closed a
deal with another local contester for a 40-2CD, and he has another 100' of
tower on the ground, so if the Florida winter isn't too extreme we may have a
more extensive arsenal of antennas next year.

Apparently we were the only station for whom NE was not particularly difficult.
If memory serves, we worked 3 total, all of whom called in. Our last section was
N4ZR in WV(!) at 0430z, a nice quick sweep with no suspense.

Apologies for the too-many requests for fills from N4UU this weekend. If you
lost your patience with the lid on the other end of the key, it was probably
me. This was my first time in SS CW other than a little S&P three years ago.

Kudos to:

KI2G for loaning us your LK550 amp. It scared the $#!^ out of me when the
blower kicked in the first time (how can such a little box need a blower that
could double as the engine on a 747?)

N4ZR for providing an accessible Skimmer node after the RBN started refusing to
take connections on Sunday.

K5KG for braving the North Dakota winter.

VY0JA for calling in on 20m for our second NWT. You were easily workable, but I
tried to turn your call into VY2JA, then VY1JA before I finally got it correct.

K1TO for a big SO1R score. Nice job by the SS Manager!

73 from NFL,
WF3C (for K8NZ & N4UU)