[3830] SS CW VE4EAR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE4EAR Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 06:45:02 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   81
   40:   85
   20:   72
   15:   64
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Unfortunately only a part time effort in this one. Tried to give out the VE4
mult as much as possible.. It seemed every time I sat down some new domestic
crisis would develop and I would have to leave the shack.

Last 3 sections for me were NLI, MB, and the final one NE. Finally found K0NE
on 80m late Sunday evening. I hadnâ??t heard any other VE4â??s before Sunday
morning when I heard a pileup on 20m. Soon discovered KE0Z/VE4 was the center
of attention but he was just barely audible. No way was he hearing me through
the pileup that was calling. I hoped some time later in the day I would be able
to find him when the pileups had lessened. I was relieved there was a MB station
that was running but still had visions of coming up with 79 sections myself. As
good fortune would have it, shortly after 2100z, I found him again and the
pileup had thinned. After 10 minutes of trying, a small break in the action and
he finally heard me.

Thanks so much to all the stations that slowed down when replying to my calls.
For those that didnâ??t QRS, well I probably busted something in the exchange.
But heck you were too important to slow down for us CW neophytes. Many of these
stations I would listen to for several minutes trying to decipher the code, each
exchange getting a little more down. The one time I did ask a very strong, fast
station to QRS, he CQâ??ed in my face. Thankfully these few â??expertsâ?? are
such a small minority.

Still a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to the SS_SSB event in a
couple weeks.

Ed