[3830] SS CW K1TO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1TO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 14:30:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:   36
   40: 1037
   20:  407
   15:    3
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

- SO1R.  Used 2nd VFO of MP late Sunday for a few dozen QSOs.

- Missed PR, largely due to the above.  Amazingly, KP3G spotted me (sure hope
he wasn't calling and I didn't hear him).  2+ of every other section called
in.

- 80M vee was almost dead, so used NE sloper for the few QSOs there.

- Thanks to those slower-speed stations who called in.  It is no problem to
slow the exchange down and the contacts are very much appreciated.

- Special QSO with K7BV.  Get well soon, Dennis!

- Lots of fine efforts out there, but KL7RA (N6TR) is amazing considering there
are a lot less than 24 useful hours to operate from up there.  Just as N6AA and
N6ZZ operated CQ WW from all 40 CQ Zones, it looks like Tree is shooting for SS
operations from all 80 ARRL Sections.

- Thanks to N4TB, N4GI and K5KG for their assistance in getting me semi-ready.

- K5KA was with us all in spirit.

- At age 51 and licensed for 38.5 years, I'm still a relative new kid on the
block in SS CW.  The median CK in my log is 68, meaning that half of the
participants have been licensed at least 42 years.  Put another way, almost 60%
of the CKs received were older than mine.  5 most common CKs:  57-58-59-61-76.
OK, so now I'm getting carried away...
CKs by decade:
20s -   5
30s -   7
40s -  22
50s - 352
60s - 430
70s - 353
80s - 122
90s - 111
2000+  82

- Thanks to each and every caller.  Let's keep SS CW thriving for many more
years.

73, Dan