[3830] SS CW N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:32:14 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA (EMA)
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    0
   80:  230
   40:  124
   20:  121
   15:   78
   10:    5
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Finally got the sweep after 42 years! I found all the difficult sections
relatively early. I was at 79 at 2115 Sunday.  I needed QC for the sweep.
Finally found VA2SG at 2334 after some careful S&P on 80M. I hoped for more 10M
activity, but found only a few 7's very loud around 1745 UTC. I was able to work
them very easily, but didn't hear anyone else. Someday 10M will come back like
the old days. I set two goals for this contest and met both (500 Q's and the
sweep).

Notable moment:  I patiently tried to get VY1EI on 15M Sunday. He took a break
at 2001 just as my opportunity opened in the pileup! I thought for sure this
would doom any chances for a sweep. I tagged the frequency and came back later
at 2015 and he was back! Got him with only two calls.

Thanks for all the Q's and especially a nice run during the last 1.5 hours on
80M. Finding the right open frequency makes all the difference. Glad to work a
bunch of QRP stations along the way.

Rig: TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, 4 element Tribander @ 35ft, 80/40M dipoles, old HP
Pavilion running CT

73  Rick