[3830] SS CW N2GC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2gc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N2GC Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 20:38:15 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2GC
Operator(s): N2GC
Station: N2GC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NLI
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  525
   40:  300
   20:  108
   15:   11
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PROIII, AL-1200, low dipoles

Had planned on doing a serious effort in this one.  First one in many years.
Until my son's last little league game of the season was rained out on Friday
and rescheduled for Sunday morning. Argh! Didn't baseball season end last week?
 Knowing that I was going to miss some prime operating time, I set a goal of
1000 Q's and a sweep.  My son scored the winning run in the bottom of the last
inning of an exciting game.  They got their trophies and ice cream.  Dad got
home in time to nail NT and SK for the sweep but fell short in the QSO
department.  All in all a fun weekend!

I find it amazing that you can find new guys to work late in the contest that
you haven't heard all weekend that have over 1000 Q's.  Where were they
hiding?

I also like the guys who get on in the last hour as fresh meat doing 100wpm
with big pileups.  When you work them it almost feels like you worked a double
mult in the last minute of CQWW :)