[3830] WAE RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY K4GMH Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:37:33 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 31

   80:  220          40    44
   40:  444         480    74
   20:  334         496    72
   15:  403         930    68
   10:    2           0     2
-------------------------------
Total: 1403  6839  1946   260  Total Score = 2,284,018

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the DARC for sponsoring the Contest and doing all the work to have a
successful Contest year after year.

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me and pass along the QTCs.
Appreciate the QSOs with the stations that did not participate in the QTC part
of the Contest - you are missing a bit of the fun of the Contest.

Bands were in good shape, comparatively speaking from previous years.  However,
my raw score is less than last year's.  Even with the nice band conditions there
are some things that just can't be overcome by reasonably good conditions.

A major difference is not operating SO2R.  Even though this Contest doesn't
offer as much opportunity for SO2R as other contest due to the QTC feature,
there are times when another radio on another band is very beneficial.  (One of
my IC746s is being repaired.)  Also, having some personal conditions affecting
the operator's commitment to the Contest doesn't help.  So from what I can tell
this year's raw score is down approx. 200K points.

The scores should be better than last year's as a number of NA stations were
reporting well over 1000 QSOs several hours to go in the Contest.

Interesting last QSO was with OD5NJ on 40 meters - thanks.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH