[3830] CQWW CW W1WBB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1WBB SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 21:59:51 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   71    13       37
   80:   75    14       53
   40:  202    20       77
   20:  112    24       62
   15:   65    17       43
   10:   40    15       22
------------------------------
Total:  565   103      294  Total Score = 608,601

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Another 48 hr WW DX CW frenzy is in the books.  It was fun to play a bit part in
the madness!

Almost all S&P effort.  Pretty good high band condx with 10m open to SA and
Africa but only EU fringes.  On low bands 160m lousy Fri with very weak sigs
(though quiet band noise) and just the opposite here Sat with many more DX in
log.  80m yielded very good results with 40m the workhorse in great shape.

Started late but put in much chair time Fri/Sat eves and alot during Saturday
daytime.  On Sunday only operated in afternoon/eve.

Pet Peeve:  Big Gun stns (known callsigns) immediately showing up on freq of
rare mult (after apparent spot) and loudly (impatiently) sending their call
multiple times WITHOUT listening, again and again.  Lame!  I outlasted a few of
these "lids" to actually work the DX.  You have to LISTEN to work 'em guys.

2nd Pet Peeve:  The very few ops sending at such high speeds with poor
character spacing that calls were almost unrecognizable.  Bypassed one op whose
call remained somewhat baffling after I patiently worked and worked to break the
call apart...don't believe he was a mult I needed.  Maybe I'll try "QRS PSE" in
future.

Rig:  Icom IC-737 (& 500hz cw filter) w/ 100w to 88' 10-80m doublet up 50'.
3/8 wv Inv-L on 160m.  N1MM logger.

Thanks to all the DX who show up, and for those who made it into my log.

73, Bill  W1WBB